Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Auntie Em's Red Velvet


IMG_0850, originally uploaded by misscaris20.


So a few weeks ago, my friend Cathy---introduced me to Auntie Em's Kitchen in Eagle Rock, and that very weekend Joe and I went. That day, we were too stuffed to try any of her famous pastries but we did take home a very thin chocolate chip cookie. Which was delicious!

Monday, Joe and I went to Auntie Em's again. This time, with a mission to not eat too much and save room each for our respective sweets. This time I wanted a Red Velvet cupcake, and Joe said he wanted a Lemon Bar and to take home a chocolate chip cookie. Needless to say our efforts weren't wasted. After having a much needed and satisfying breakfast---this time he ordered the Honey Orange French Toast and I ordered a veggie open faced sandwich, I ordered my cupcake and Joe just had room for a cookie. No Lemon Bar this time. =(

I ordered the Large red velvet and decided to share it with my friend Cathy. It doesn't look that big in the picture---but believe me, its HUGE! And to make it even more decadent, when we sliced it in half---there's about 2 inches of frosting on an already LARGE piece of cake. It's definitely delicious, but worth sharing. They come in 3 sizes...mini which you could probably eat in one bite, medium--good for one, and large---good for sharing.

Apparently the recipe for this particular cupcake was featured on Bobby Flay's Cupcake Throw Down, not too long ago. Here's the Link.
Cathy told me she (auntie em) really uses an ice cream scoop to scoop on the frosting for these cakes...MMMMMMMMM! This is why im fat!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin